Sunday 13 April 2014

Bits and bobs

Down and Horse-eye this morning produced a few year ticks the best of which were the Cuckoo calling on Horse-eye and the male Yellow Wagtail on down.  Also 3 singing Sedge Warbler scattered around between Down and Lookers', 2 Ruff over Down, and 2 Swallow at White Dyke. Usual suspects included 7 Gadwall, 6 Teal, 2 Redshank, 3 Little Egret, singing Cettis, Blackcaps, and Chiffchaffs, 3 pairs of Bullfinch, and the Little Owls doing what Little Owls do.
Since my last posting I have seen a few bits and bobs including Golden Plover and Grey Wagtail on Down on the 6th when I also had my first Swallow of the year scoot through the garden.  A Herald moth was seen at work in St Leonards on the 7th, my first Orange Tips were seen in St Leonards on the 9th, my first Whitethroat of the year was singing in its usual place (the scrub behind my office window in St Leonards) on the 11th, and my first Willow Warbler of the year was singing near Birling Gap during an early morning walk on the 12th.
Moth trapping has been very quiet during the week with the overnight temperatures falling away under clear(ish) skies with a bright moon - last night producing just singles of Early Grey and Common Quaker.
Finally a thought.  Just because you know something is right in your head doesn't mean it is right in your heart.  Keep faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment